Safety Policy Statement
Thorpe provides corporate On-Site Safety Management for our field jobs under the guidelines of the Thorpe Safety Policy and as directed by customer requirements. Our Safety professionals are responsible for assisting the project management team to assure a safe working environment and to interface with the client’s safety personnel. They assure adherence to and enforcement of Thorpe and Client Safety and Health Procedures and the Site Safety Plan as applicable. They consult with site management on any safety and health issues as part of their routine review of site safety procedures.
Duties of On-Site Safety Management are as follow:
- Assist Site Supervision with daily safety meetings to review client and company required safety topics.
- Conduct and document daily safety audits. Intervene and communicate findings to site supervision.
- Maintain constant visual presence in the field when work is being performed.
- Promote a positive safety culture by maintaining a positive attitude towards safety.
- Attend client mandated safety meetings.
- Conduct monthly evaluation of overall site commitment to safety.